Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Too Many Goodbye's To Count!

This last weekend I had my last opportunity to visit Spokane. Spokane is where I attended four glorious years at Whitworth University. I have many friends that have stayed in Spokane. All in all, it was a whirlwind of a weekend. I started it all off by playing a little tennis, always a good way to start, eh? Friday night I stayed at Rachel Burn's house and all the tennis girls came over and we had a cookie dough/movie night. I am going to miss those girls because we ended on such a good note with our season and we were such a close group. We seemed to all get along perfectly...VERY unusual in a team of ALL girls.
Next day, woke up on a couch...good ol' college life, and got my hairs cut. I wanted it REALLY short, but I chickened out. Then I was off to Paige's shower. This was one of the hardest parts of the weekend. I am the maid of honor in Paige's wedding, however I will have to be there in spirit because I will be in Spain. Saying goodbye was actually really hard for me. Paige and I have been best friends through college and we've been through a lot together. Anywho, love her. Some tears were definitely shed on my part, he.
A quick stop by Andrea's and Tori's to say some final goodbyes and then off to a football partizzzle at the Drake's house. This was so much fun because I wasn't sure if I would be able to say "adios" to all those people but it turned out to be perfect timing. I got to spend the night at their house that night. I think one of my favorite parts was when Bonnie and Aaron tucked me in and Aaron, with a huge grin on his face, pulled out a children's book to read me. HAH! I love these two. Bonnie has been one of my best friends since high school. We became even closer when we both decided to go to the same college. Long story short, I love Bonnie and I think Aaron is absolutely perfect for her.
Sunday, after about 3 hours of sleep...LAME! I woke up at 6 in the morning to head to church. I know, why so early? Well, I had the sweet opportunity to help lead worship at New Community, my church throughout college. Although early, it was worth every bit of waking up. The people I got to play with were some of the most talented musicians. It's a rare opportunity to get to play with such talented, yet humble people. Huge highlight for me.
Last stop, Rockwood bakery to say goodbye to Kirsten and Angie. All in all, a crazy weekend and a little sad. It's hard to say goodbye to so many people not knowing the next time you might see them. I'm so blessed with so many wonderful friends that I am going to miss SOOO much. I am glad I got to head back to Spokane for one last "adios". Les amo a ustedes!! (I love ya'll)

No comments: