Monday, September 29, 2008

Mi apartamento y mucha lluvia (rain)

Well, the last couple of days have been a whirlwind. We found an apartment that we all seemed to like and it was at a great price. 550 euros a month, split between 3 pans out to be 180 euros. It has also been soooo frustrating because my bank is WaMu and I guess it crashed like 3 days ago. As I am trying to take out my first rent and deposit, my debit card fail to work. This was great fun...and still is great fun (I hope you catch the sarcasm). This added a huge stress because i had to figure out how to get the money to our landlord. Anywho, it worked out but I am still not able to get money from an ATM. Kind of a big deal.

On the bright side, my roommates are really sweet. Taylor is from North Carolina and doesn´t have a ton of spanish experience but he is studying up. Sydney is from Kansas. She is really sweet and I think we will have a fun year. The problem with the location of our apartment is that it is about a 30 minute walk from Sydney and mine´s school. We are thinking that we might want to buy a bike together or a scooter. I doubt the scooter would work out because of insurance and a license. But it´s worth a thought. Our apartment is quite nice. It has a brand new kitchen that is pretty well equiped. No oven to my sadness. I guess there will be no ginger cookies or banana bread this year, sad day. I will post pictures of the apartment later because we currently don´t have internet in our apartment our place.

Oh yea, it has been raining SO much here the past two days making things ALOT easier....not. It´s funny, I guess it only rains about 75 days out of the year...funny?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Spoooooon! Yay for having a place to call home...can't wait to see pics!

The Johnsons said...

T!!!! Oh I just miss you! It was so fun to read your updates. I cannot BELIEVE that a lady fainted on you ... what? Of COURSE she did. Also, I can't even imagine not being able to use the ATM. Nuts. I'm so glad you found an apartment quickly! If you get a bike, make sure it has a basket and a bell, like the good ol' days. :) Where in NC is Taylor from? I'm from there, too, ya know. Go Tarheels! I will be praying for ATMage, energy and some good sleep for our little spoonie spoon spoon.
Te amo mucho!
J-Jo