Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm alive but SOOOO tired

The day began at 3 in the morning, well for me it never ended because I got zero sleep. That seems to be a trend with me lately. My first flight was 4 ½ hours to Philadelphia and I got the pleasure to sit between two older, quite large men…really a joy! That flight was little late in taking off so that meant that we arrived oh…ya know about 15 minutes before my next plane departed…yes, departed. So, after 5 hours of sitting I got to speed walk/run across the Philly airport as the other plane was waiting for the passengers off mine. It was really a pleasure being the last one walking onto quite a large plane, but in addition, I was sweating buckets! The next flight was 7 hours to Madrid and yet again…no sleep. Seriously, now it has been about 48 hours of no sleep. You can imagine what a mess I look like right now! However, that last flight was not so bad. I sat next to a nice young man who is a doctor and he said that I am going to be living in the prettiest place in Spain. Nice, eh? Anywho, he gave me his digits (phone number for those who don’t know digits) and his email if I need any advice or help.

Towards the end of that flight I was sitting in my seat as I felt a nudge on my head. I looked up and a little elderly woman was kind of stumbling by. Thinking she just had mistaken my head as a seat rest I didn’t pay any attention to it. Seconds later she starts to slowly collapse right next to me. I quickly reach over and grab her arm as she is starting to slump over. (P.S. scary!!!) Her husband comes over and seats her back in her chair as she continues to be unconscious (however, my thoughts obviously go to the worst…oh, she must be having a heart attack or stroke). To clarify, she did not die or have any huge defects. She just fainted. You could say it was a little eventful…just a little.

Off to the next flight from Madrid to Sevilla. And...yes...it was a success. Taylor (one of my roommates) and I just happened to have the same flight which was glorious because we made the last final treks together. P.S. It's so much better traveling with other people! We jumped on a train to El puerto, got a cab, and found our hotel. First things first...SHOWER!!!! Now we are just chillin' and waiting to go eat some grub. Right now, I am super super super tired. Prayer for energy would be much needed. Also, please please please pray that I find a church and also that I might find some sweet christian spanish friends. How amazing would that be? It's about 9 o'clock pacific time and it's 6 o'clock Spain time. WOW, huge difference. Love you all.




Here are some visuals of the streets outside our hotel, La casa de los leones.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Taryn! I am so glad you made it! We'll be praying for you as you get settled! p.s...did the old lady live???

Unknown said...

Yea, the old lady lived. I think I made it sound really bad, ha.