Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PHOTOGRAPHY

Currently I am sitting in my classroom for the next 2 weeks. My first 2 periods are shop class (I'm WAY qualified for this :) ) in the morning...I literally just sit there and make sure there is no fooling around and make sure everyone is wearing their safety glasses. We had a kid puke yesterday (AWESOME!) and we had a kid draw blood today (YIKES)..............good thing I have an aid in those classes. BONUS: Then for the other 3 periods I get to do photography which just happened to be one of my favorite classes in high school. Thus leading to my next point.......as ya know....I'm going to Costa Rica in January.......well.....there is a WAY cool opportunity to be a part of the a photography program offered in Costa Rica. SOOOOO...meaning I get the opportunity to have 1 on 1 training with a professional photographer, take amazing trips (national parks, volcanoes, villages) through Costa Rica to take pictures and interview people. Some of the people we will be interviewing on one trip to a village will be prostitutes, 'johns' aka prostitute users, and taxi drivers. It will be something just a tad bit out of my comfort zone but am interested to see how the Lord will move and work. Photography has always been something that moves me and gets me excited............so you can tell my enthusiasm for being a substitute teacher in photography for 2 weeks!! Praise the Lord for work!!

No comments: