Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cordoba......Granada.....1 crazy week

This last week was CRAZY busy. On monday I was asked to accompany a school field trip to Cordoba with 45 students and 4 other teachers. It was an addition that it came with FREE housing, transportation, visits to La Mezquita y Medina Azahara (arabic city ruines from 940 a.d) food and drinks. Not bad, eh? It was so much fun to travel with them. The field trip was for the music class who was having a competition near Cordoba. We had that on the first day and then the rest of the time was just seeing and enjoying the city. We stayed one night and came back the late the next day.

Then, on friday, I had to give a mini-concert for the music class. The music teacher made me sing on the bus and then she made me promise to sing in class. It was hilarious.

Then, after school on friday we road triped it to Granada. I had been to Granada with my parents but it had been raining and very cold. This time it was perfect weather and I got to see parts of the city I had never seen before and with people who know the city. The best way to travel. We spent two nights in Granada and had an amazing time. Granada is beautiful because it is found at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountain range and it also possesses one of the most beautiful gardens known to man, La Alhambra. It is the only place to ski in southern spain and still has loads of snow on it. It was gorgeous.

This is the "teteria" - the tea neighborhood, HA. It is an old arabic neighborhood that now how has tea restaurants all over the place. It's some good tea!!

While driving we came upon a sweet run down house, so we snapped some pictures. Here's some sassy pictures, yikes!

Here's a good view for you. Those are all olive orchards....olive country!! Too bad I hate olives, ehhh.

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I love those pictures of you, Taryn! Yay! I'm so glad that music teacher is making you sing in class. Don't forget to warm up! (Hee hee.)

leahandtravishartanov said...

Love it. You're a pretty sassy lady. Get your sassy booty home.