Wednesday, May 6, 2009

PORTUGAL!!!

HOLLLLERRRR....Portugal!! This last weekend, a couple of friends and I headed off to glorious Portugal. It was a whirlwind of a weekend as we ran through the towns of Sintra, Lisboa, Lagos, and a little Island called Tivra.

Sintra was such a enchanting little town. The general theme that I got from the town was castles. All the houses are somewhat built in that pattern and there are multiple castles built throughout the mountain side. We went to a garden which was amazing. It was huge and had secret underground passage ways, cool castles, swamps, and just amazing all around!!
Lisboa I absolutely loved the most. The buildings are run down with paint peeling off and grass growing out of the sides. However, I feel that added to its character. It was like being on a movie set. The town was just gorgeous and on the waterfront. PRETTY!!!!

We spent one night in Lagos which is on the southern coast. We visited some amazing caves there. It's known for it's beaches but we failed to see those.
But we knew we had to go see A beach. So, on our way back to home we stopped at a little island with amazing beaches. It's actually really cool. On the island there are tents and bars. I'm sad we didn't know about it earlier because I would have liked to stay longer.
I LOVED the windows and the paint on the buildings. It had an antique feel to it.

3 comments:

Sean and Andrea Blackburn said...

You are so pretty my little red headed spainard! Miss you tons.
ps. love the selection of music on your site... I seriously am kind of obsessed with it. I can just hear you right now humming harmony along with John Mayer to Free falling. Come home right now!

Hannah said...

love it! wow. love it again. :) oh and love you!

The Johnsons said...

Again ... STUNNING! I love that you are making the most of every moment and visiting every spot you can! Brilliant. Can't wait to see you soon!