I have yet to write about my actual job. I work in a high school helping with tourism, marketing, and a class on entertainment tourism. I am there to let them hear my accent and converse with them. I’ll pick an article in English related to the subject at hand. I will read it to the students in English so they can hear my accent. Then they will read it over asking about their pronunciation. We will discuss and make sure they understand the meaning of the article. I work with three different teachers, all ranging in different English levels. It’s really fun to speak with them, but I am trying to find other opportunities to speak Spanish. Currently my schedule consists of 9 hours a week, but I will soon have 12 hours. Three of those hours are meant to sit down personally to talk and coordinate with each teacher. So, all in all, a pretty sweet job. Everyday I catch the bus to school, which costs about .80 euros and it takes about 12 minutes to arrive. After school I will walk home for my daily exercise. It’s about a 35 – 40 minute walk right through the middle of town.

Me in the Tourism teacher lounge!!

The entrance to my school.
4 comments:
T, that sounds wonderful! I love reading the updates. It's fun to see pictures of your school, too. I miss your face!
So I just realized that they are learning from your accent.... please tell me you haven't said "coach" yet... cause we all know that the words "coach" and "scones" come out real midwestern. :) miss you red
Post a Comment