Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wonder

Today, on my day off I slept in...quite a bit. I won't say till when however. I relaxed and basked in the ability to have internet in my own house. I finally said to myself, get ready and do something. I decided to take my book and journal down to a nearby bar...HAH, yes bar because those are also known as coffee houses which serve many a booze. I sat down and started to read a book some of you might know, "Dangerous Wonder." My mom gave this book to me some time ago but I have never taken the time to actually read it. I just happened to throw it in my suitcase for my trip. I finally opened it today and had a huge kick in the butt.

Since I have arrived here to my new life I have experienced new things from food, night life, beaches walking distance away, new friends, new job and much much more. However, in all of it, there is a sense of predictability. Is that wierd? Although I am in this new place, I have yet to venture out and try something new and crazy and adventurous. I think that is one of my biggest fears in life...losing the sense of wonder, adventure, and RISK. I can so easily just see what is near me in a safe kind of way, but I really don't want to. I really want to be a person that LIVES life not just to live and survive but to really LIVE life. Is that not what God created us for, to take risks in our faith? If you haven't read this book...READ IT! This was a good kick to get me seeking new ways of seeing this town and country...and really my life and faith. Thanks Mom for the book!

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Oh, T you are a lamb. I think I should read that book sometime! Maybe in the summer, since I already have a tray full of books and magazines that are "next in line." Also, thanks for using the phrase "many a booze." I laughed out loud. ;)

Bonnie said...

hey you. This is random, but how do I get the "my friends" part on the right side of the my blog where I can have blogs of people I always look at ? Can you give me the scoop :)

Tracy said...

I have read that book and loved it...I should read it again. I have to tell you that your nephew keeps asking if you are coming to visit...in his own words but basically. Every time this week I have told him Gramma is coming to visit he says "TT?" and it makes me so happy that he knows you and wants to see you...although it is sad when I have to tell him no, Auntie T isn't coming:( We love you and miss you...thanks for your prayers for this weekend!