It all started at about 6 o’clock when my roommates and I were huddled around our propane tank trying to push a button, which creates a little flame producing the HOT water. As we failed to do so, one after the other we jumped into our sad, cold showers. Once all of us roommates were ready, it was the start of our day trip to Cadiz which was a 20 minute walk, 25 minute ferry ride (at sunrise), and a 3 minute taxi ride to get to out specific destination, Hotel Tryp La Coleta. There all of us teachers from the region of Cadiz, about 75 people, met to have our orientation. It was so good to meet up with some other auxilliares (as we are called). The orientation was all in Spanish with an andalucian accent (or, “athhhhhent” meaning their words tend to slur together). I understood most of it but after a while your head tends to hurt after trying to grasp everything. All ended well with a FREE meal!!!
This was our first trip to the big city of Cadiz. I love it! It is kind of a peninsula, más o menos (more or less), with beaches lining both sides. I would say looking at the width of the city, from my one trip knowledge that it is a 10-minute walk from one side to the other. After our orientation, we went to the older part of the city, el Casco antiguo. It was gorgeous with roman style building with a hint of Moorish history intertwined. Our main reason was to go to a famous clothing store called, Zara, so we could get started our European wardrobe. I bought a scarf, very eventful. Before we went home, we sat in the central plaza in front of the main cathedral drinking a cerveza. It was really nice and we all can’t wait to return to Cadiz because there is so much to see and yet it is so close. I forgot my camera (dumb) but here is some from my roommate, Sydney.
This was our first trip to the big city of Cadiz. I love it! It is kind of a peninsula, más o menos (more or less), with beaches lining both sides. I would say looking at the width of the city, from my one trip knowledge that it is a 10-minute walk from one side to the other. After our orientation, we went to the older part of the city, el Casco antiguo. It was gorgeous with roman style building with a hint of Moorish history intertwined. Our main reason was to go to a famous clothing store called, Zara, so we could get started our European wardrobe. I bought a scarf, very eventful. Before we went home, we sat in the central plaza in front of the main cathedral drinking a cerveza. It was really nice and we all can’t wait to return to Cadiz because there is so much to see and yet it is so close. I forgot my camera (dumb) but here is some from my roommate, Sydney.

My roommate, Sydney, and I in front of the main cathedral.

We are super excited about being in Cadiz!
No comments:
Post a Comment