Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sevilla

This last saturday, I was invited for a little excursion to Sevilla. The little excursion was to climb the roof of the world largest gothic cathedral in Sevilla. My friends brother had special permission to climb it, so we did. It was amazing!! We got to climb among the gargoyles, look down into the cathedral, and climb through secret passages. And to make it better, it was 77 degrees out. The nicest day by far. Glorious!!!
After the cathedral, we went to visit the Alcazar which are some beautiful gardens built by the muslims when the reigned here. It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect. Later, we got some bikes and took a little ride along the Guadalquivir river that runs through the center of Sevilla. Soooo nice!!! An all perfect day!!

These are pictures of the roof of the cathedral.

This is when we entered from the roof, so from here you could look down into the church.
The Alcazar!!!

I loved this last picture.

4 comments:

Sean and Andrea Blackburn said...

ahhh that is soooooo awesome! no one else can say that they have done that! jealous!

The Johnsons said...

Beautiful!!!

Amy Hook said...

Beautiful, Taryn. I agree, that last picture might just be my favorite! I'm glad you had a great trip. I'm definitely jealous of the 77 degrees!

Amanda Smith said...

I love that cathedral in Sevilla, but I didn't get a chance to climb on it. We really need to get caught up soon.