This last wednesday, my students and students from other english classes took a field trip to the Rock of Gibraltar. It's a rare place because although it is attached to Spain it is of British territory. Wierd! In Gibraltar, everything is cheaper because everything is duty free, so no tax. I got some perfume for myself, a nice little purchase. The trip started early at 8:30 and it took about an hour fifteen to arrive. Spanish field trips are nothing like American field trips. Our first duty was to climb half way up the rock to be able to visit the monkey. I don't know if you have heard of the monkeys, but they are known for not being scared of people and tending to steal things easily. Once we had arrived at the "monkey infested place," some of the students stupidely brought out food...dumb idea. The monkey chased after one kid and started to climb up him. Soon after, we found that same kid basically convulsing, barely breathing, crying, and shaking like no other. Yea, don't mess with the monkeys. Later, we also had to take a girl to the hospital for a monkey bite. SOOO, when I say don't mess with 'em, I am talking serious. We then walked down to the city center to do some shopping. However, the question I had to ask the main dude was, "Sooo, do we have a central point and time to meet at?" as half of the students are starting to spread out through town. His response, "OH yea, that's what I need to do." Hmmmm???? Our ride home, one word....pure chaos....sorry that was two words. It started with two of my students grabing the microphone and basically singing, doing chants, poetry, yelling, etc the whole way home. To my amazement, no teacher did anything about it. Nightmare of a ride home let me tell yea, but worth the very nicely smelling perfume. 







My crazy student Javier!!
2 comments:
Dern monkeys are feisty creatures!
your life is so nuts... haha freaking monkeys.
Post a Comment