Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This is for you Julie!!

JULIE, you will be excited to hear about this. A friend of mine who just happens to be from Mercer Island (crazy!) and I have had the desire to sing lately. SO, why not join a local choir? This last monday we decided to go sit in on the choir practice which ended up with us actually joining in with the choir. The question is...what am I doing? I have no idea but it´s worth the try, right? Julie, all your voice lessons are popping into my head, I love it. However, I have to point out that the director of the choir dresses in all black and reminds me of someone who is from the Adams Family. He´s so serious and normally looks really pissed at the choir and rolls his eyes. I had to hide my face half of the time because I was dying inside, whew. The choir is mainly people over 45 with a couple of younger peeps here and there. Maybe we´ll get some free meal offers. We´ll see what happens with this but it is fun to try it out.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

taryn! this is so great! you are crazy! haha i love it!

The Johnsons said...

WOOOOOOOOOO! I could not be more excited right now. You have to tell me everything!!!! I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall and see how a Spanish choir rehearses. This is taking me back to a few Spanish pieces I sang in choir at PLU ... I'll have to try and find them. I'm so excited for you!!! :)