Sunday, April 24, 2011

NIKO

I SURVIVED….also known as a SURVIVOR!!! OH man…you have no idea how slightly scared I was for this week. I can’t give huge details because I swore I wouldn’t say anything….but it was LONG, hard days AND nights. However, I can say that all my comforts were taken away and it’s meant to push you to the limit in order to see how you work in a team, your style of leadership, and how you act under pressure. The biggest lesson learned was fully relying on God throughout this process…it was just a huge giving up of all my rights and trusting that God is my provider and He can get me through whatever challenge. Large lesson!! It was kind of one of the big moments that I truly felt comforted knowing that my support team at home were sending up prayers for me. I am so blessed by each and every one of you.


This was our first night and part of the second :) sleeping arrangments...lots of roots and girls....
Another sleeping arrangment....much better than the first!!!
Part of our many hikes....I'm pretty sure the scenery rivaled with Avatar - all of NIKO was basically in the jungles on the Costa Rican and Panama border.
My team....Me, Sofi (Costa Rican), Kenna, Carly, Nicole (Canada), Jakob (Norway)...TEAM VELOCITY (super lame, I know)....we had a blast and we learned so much!! We worked really well together even though we ended up coming late into the night on hikes.

No comments: