Our wins wouldn't prove how sweet a team I had but the fact that my team won the "Sportsmanship Award" for the whole league says a ton about them. They were some of the sweetest kids with the best attitudes. The season was not easy by any means but worth every bit of challenge that came my way. I learned more than you would ever know during this first season. I am excited for the next opportunity to coach and have a better understanding and knowledge of how to tackle it. Here are some pictures to highlight the season.
Karissa is a sophomore and at the beginning of the season came running off the court saying, "COACH, I got two backhands in!!" (with a smile on her face). She ended the season playing #1 singles and probably considered one of the most consistent players. She lost at sub-district 3-6, 3-6. 
This is at one of our team dinners. Every member of the team at one point or another were best friends. So, literally all of them would consider each other friends.
Playing bocce ball....some great bonding time.
No comments:
Post a Comment